CV/Resume and Interview Preparation
CV/Resume writing and interviews are something that each and every student and alumni has to do at some point of thier professional life. In fact, this is something many of us has to do regularly as a part of our job hunt. This talk is about CV & Interview preparation. This event was targeted at the current students and alumni fraternity. In the survey conducted a few months back about the topics for the Alumni Speak series, CV writing and Interview preparation were sought by 37% and 50% of the respondents respectively.
Mausami Arora (CS 2007) is a decorated IETian in HR space and we invited her to share her experiences and valuable tips on how to write a perfect CV and prepare for interviews. Mausami is a senior HR leader with 12+ years of experience leading change, transformation and effective talent outcomes towards building a winning organisation. We are sure that the current students and alumni fraternity can greatly benefit from her experience in the field of HR.
The event was moderated by Divyabh Tyagi (ME 2009)
Mausami Arora (CS 2007)
- Senior HR leader with 12+ years experience leading change, transformation and effective talent outcomes towards building a winning organisation.
- Deep expertise in HR domain across multiple industries - IT/Tech, FMCG.
- Currently working as the Global Talent & OE Deployment Manager at British American Tobacco, Singapore.
- She is a well recognised thought leader in the HR world, and is a recipient of multiple industry leading accolades - HR Leader of the Year (top-5, 2019); HR Professional of the Year (2019); HRD Hot List (2021).
- Her interests include music, badminton and travelling. She is looking forward to start exploring the world again.
Interview Preparation Workbook
The speaker shared a workbook to practice the “STAR” framework while answering some common interview questions. This is a very well organized list of questions asked in the behavioral round of a interview. The file can be downloaded below:
The event was recorded and is available for viewing.
Pearls of Wisdom
We extract the hightlights of the talk into smaller videos so that viewers can get the most important nuggets of wisdom shared by the speakers without going through the entire talk. We call these digest vidoes “Pearls of Wisdom”.
We will release the Pearls of Wisdom shortly!
The awareness posters used to advertise the talk are archived below.